We sell all manner of goods from antique furniture and collectors items, to modern household furniture, china, glass, metalwares, handyman items, books, art, and even motor vehicles, boats, caravans, trailers and much more... If unsure about any item you are thinking of selling, please contact our office. Please contact us to discuss our commission rate as this can vary depending on what your are selling.
We can also assist you:
- with arranging cartage of your items, if required
- providing a valuation, if requested
- packing, sorting and removing items to our auction rooms
Please be aware that vendors of goods are paid out approximately 8-10 working days after the auction.
For further details or information, please contact one of our Senior Auctioneers:
Terry Bell: (03) 6326 2555
We hold regular antique, collectables & general household contents online auctions every three weeks in our White City Auction Rooms at 9 Goodman Crt in Invermay, Launceston.
Our Auctions are advertised in the Launceston Examiner, front section of the newspaper on the Saturday prior to each auction. You may thoroughly inspect all items in our rooms for a minimum of three to four days before the auction. Catalogues with photos of all items in our auction are uploaded approximately 5 days before the close of auction lots. if you require further information on any lot including condition reports, additional photos or measurements, etc… contact us by phone or email.
When leaving a bid online we will not be held responsible for any error made on your behalf. All items must be paid for within 2 working days following the auction and collected in a similar time unless other arrangements are made with us. We accept cash, eftpos, credit card (1.5% surcharge), direct deposit into our trust account. We charge a buyers premium on all items purchased at auction of 16.5% plus GST (1.65%) which makes a total of 18.15% on top of the hammer price.
We can also arrange transport for your purchases if required, either in Tasmania or Interstate... Please contact us on (03) 6326 2555, for further details.
Written by: an Armitage Auctions Administrator
Dated from 4 April 2020: change of terms, payment terms including direct deposit.
1. The highest bidder shall be the purchaser should the reserve be met at the closing of all online auction lots. If the highest bidder has not met the reserve their (offer) will be put to the vendor for consideration at the discretion of Armitage Auctions. The ultimate purchaser may be determined by the Armitage Auctions, whose decision shall be final or the lot or lots may be re offered again.
2. Payment must be made in full by close of business within 2 days following the closing date of our Online Auction.
3. The whole of the lots having been viewed online and available for condition reports, no allowance, refunds or returns will be made, nor will any buyer be permitted to reject any lot on the ground that is not correctly described, the said lots are to be taken with all faults (if any) and will be at the buyers risk on close of Auction and thereafter the Vendor will be free of all responsibility for safe-guarding the goods and will not be liable for any loss of or damage to the goods whether such loss or damage is caused or contributed to by any act, neglect or default of the Vendor, employees or agents.
4. Any deficiency in the quantity described shall not vitiate the sale but neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneers shall be accountable for the deficiency, damage or loss which may arise after goods leaving the premises.
5. In the event of non-compliance with any of the above Terms & Conditions, all monies paid by the Purchaser shall be absolutely forfeited and the goods purchased may be sold, either by Public Auction or Private Contract, without notification at the risk and expense of the former Purchaser who shall be liable for any deficiency which may arise together with all costs and charges, but shall not be entitled to any profit which may accrue from such resale. Furthermore all items sold remain the property of the Vendor until such time as lots are fully paid for and any payment cleared.
6. The Auctioneers are selling as agents for the respective Vendors of all lots. A commission is charged to the Vendor. The Auctioneers do not warrant the title to any lot and shall not be responsible for deficiency in any such title.
7. All lots purchased can be collected by courier during opening hours after payments have cleared. Armitage Auctions can pack & post smaller items (or) deliver such lots (Launceston suburbs only) for a fee.
8. Purchaser shall be responsible for cartage and storage costs incurred should they fail to pick up goods 7 days after items have been purchased unless prior arrangements have been made.
9. A Buyers Premium of 16.5% + GST 1.65% - (18.15% total) is payable by the purchaser on top of the hammer price on all lots sold.
10. Armitage Auctions may choose not to accept the bid of any person or persons.
Our Payment Terms:
Visa, MasterCard, Bankcard, EFTPOS (all CREDIT payments will incur 1.5% credit card fee)
Or direct deposit to:
PLEASE USE YOUR NAME & BUYERS NUMBER AS REFERENCE
(funds need to be present in our account) prior to delivery - (03) 6326 2555
We are a successful Launceston (Tasmania) based auction house, established since 1972. Whether buying or selling we will strive to make your auction experience (on-site or on-line) an enjoyable and successful one. All our auctioned items (on-site or on-line) are in AU$.
Special Liquor Permit Number 93271
info[at]armitageauctions.com | (03) 6326 2555